How The Ratings Work
Each book is given a rating out of 5. The ratings are completely subjective, but the following may help as a guide:
- 1/5 - Utter bilge. Avoid like the plague. Don't even take it if it's free.
- 2/5 - Best not to buy, a fundamentally flawed book that may have some redeeming features.
- 3/5 - An average but flawed book. Might have good ideas/poor execution or major typographical problems that get in the way of the book. Difficult call to make.
- 4/5 - A pretty good book with no major flaws. A good buy if it fits your interests.
- 5/5 - Books with this mark are considered best in class. If it's got a 5 out of 5, I usually tell everyone it's the standard book on that given subject.